All terms and conditions outlined below apply to the registration, participation of our Online Courses and utilisation of our Course Materials.
The terms and conditions may be revised or substituted from time to time. Your continued access to our online courses and use of the Course Materials shall be deemed acceptance to the terms and conditions as amended or substituted.
1. In these Terms & Conditions, except where the context otherwise requires:
- “Course Materials” refers to materials in any form, documents, worksheets, guides and tools (whether digital or physical) including but not limited to audio and/or video recordings of quizzes, test or activities, used, distributed, made available or provided to complement or in relation to or part of the Online Courses;
- “I Can Read”, “ICR Academy”, “ICR”, "we", "us" or "our" means ICR Pte Ltd and its affiliates and franchises;
- “Online Course” refers to all the education programmes organized and provided by ICR through the digital media or through any online platform;
- “You” refers to the customer who is registering for the Online Course either in your personal capacity or on behalf of another person and if the latter, references to “you” shall where the context apply include that person.
2. You represent that you have full legal capacity to register and participate in the Online Courses either for yourself or for another person. You and/or the person who is participating in the online course shall waive any defence relating to capacity to be bound by the terms and condition.
3. The fee for the Online Course (the “Fee”) must be paid in full at the time of registration for the online Course. Registration for each Online Course is not complete until ICR has received such full payment of the Fee. You are responsible for non-payment, even if the Fee is being paid by a third party. After successful registration, you will receive an e-mail from ICR to furnish your login in details to the Course.
4. Courses will be billed in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and fees stipulated includes GST (subject to changes by IRAS). Registration link accept payment via credit card (MasterCard, Visa and Amex) only.
5. You agree to provide current, accurate and complete registration information. Submission of your registration constitute your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
6. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or ICR has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, ICR has the right to suspend or terminate your registration.
7. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login ID, password, digital token/signature and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login ID, password, digital token/signature or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify ICR of any unauthorized use of your login ID, password, digital token/signature or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. ICR cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this clause.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
8. Except where ICR cancels the Online Course, all fees paid are not refundable. If you reside in a jurisdiction where mandatory provisions apply, the minimum stipulated rights shall apply.
9. Cancellation by ICR. ICR reserves the right to cancel the Online Course by giving you notice in writing (including by email) at any time before the course is due to start. ICR will refund all fees paid by you and if possible, will endeavour to offer a transfer to another course as an alternative, subject to payment or refund of any difference in purchase price. For avoidance of doubt, failing to complete an Online Course within a stipulated time does not constitute a cancellation by ICR.
10. ICR’s liability when it cancels an Online Course will be limited to a refund of the Fee paid for the cancelled Online Course. For partial cancellation of an Online Course, such refunds will be made on a proportionate basis. All dates are subject to change, however, notice of such change will be given and refunds will not be issued for any rescheduled class.
11. Where compliance with Anti Money Laundering Law requires, refunds will be made in the same manner and back to the account from which the Fees were paid. You will be responsible for all banking or transaction fees charged by the bank or credit card company or payment processing agent. You should allow up to 8 weeks for the credit to appear on your credit card or bank statement.
12. The course description is intended to indicate only the general nature of the course and does not guarantee content. ICR reserves the right to amend the course and alter details at its discretion.
13. ICR is not responsible if you fail to meet the Online Course requirements (including but not limiting the time limit which you will need to complete the Online Course) and you should ensure that you allocate sufficient time to allow you to successfully complete the Online Course.
14. The Online Courses may contain links to third-party web sites that are maintained by others. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by ICR of the contents of such third-party web sites. ICR is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
15. You agree that ICR makes no claim that the Online Course content is appropriate for any particular purpose or audience, or that it may be downloaded outside of Singapore. Access to the Online Course may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. When accessing the Online Course and/or the Website, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
16. You acknowledge that the Online Courses are provided through a third-party platform which ICR has no control. In signing up, you may be required to enter into and agree to separate terms and conditions of this third-party provider. ICR disclaims all liabilities arising from or related to any failure by this third-party platform.
17. By continuing to access or use the Online Course or any content located via the Online Course and/or on the Website, you signify your agreement to abide by and observe the following licensing conditions. ICR may modify these conditions from time to time.
18. ICR grants you a limited license to access and use the content and Course Materials via the Online Course in connection with the course you are enrolled in. As a condition of such license, you agree that:
All materials – including but not limited to text, photographs, video, audio, images and any other content – appearing via the Online Course and/or on the Website are protected by copyrights and/or other proprietary rights belonging to ICR and/or other third parties. You agree to abide by all applicable laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, publicity rights and privacy rights in the US, EU, Singapore and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Website.
You may not copy, reproduce, duplicate, distribute, disseminate, publish, post, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, upload to, transmit, or in any way exploit any content from the Online Course, Course Materials and/or on the Website. You may not sell or offer for sale any of the content, or allow third parties to access it, or use such content to construct any kind of database. You may use the content from the Online Course and/or on the Website only for personal, non-commercial use.
Any violation of these terms may result in your expulsion from the Online Course and/or ICR, and you may be subjected to legal claims, fines and penalties.
19. ICR does not screen communications in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by students or registered users (“Users”). You are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. You must not do any of the following things while accessing or using Online Course or using the Course Material:
post or transmit any material unless you are the owner of all patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights ("Rights") therein, or have the permission of the owner of the Rights to post or transmit such material;
post material that otherwise violates any Rights of any third party or violates or infringes on the privacy or publicity rights of third parties;
post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, libellous, embarrassing or otherwise objectionable to another User or any other person or entity;
post sexually-explicit language or images;
post advertisements or solicitations of business;
post or transmit any chain letters or pyramid schemes;
impersonate another person or entity;
intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
post or transmit any information containing a virus or other harmful component; or
collect or store any personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set out above.
20. ICR reserves the right to remove you from the Online Course and/or the Website if you do not respect these guidelines, ICR and/or fellow students/users. ICR also reserves the right to initiate legal action and/or disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at ICR's sole discretion.
21. The contents of the Online Course and Course Material, including but not limited to any text, graphics, images, audio, video, data, coding, scripts, computer programs and other material ("Content" or "Contents"), are protected by copyright and other forms of intellectual property rights, and are owned or controlled by ICR or by third parties that have licensed their Content to the ICR. ICR authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If applicable, the use of any software that is made available for downloading ("Software") is governed by the terms of the software license agreement accompanying such software (the "License Agreement"), and is conditioned on your agreement to be bound by the terms of the License Agreement. You will be made aware of any terms and conditions that apply to the Software when you try to download it. If you do not accept such terms and conditions, you will not be allowed to download the Software. All rights in and to the Content not expressly granted to you in the License Agreement are reserved. Neither the availability of, nor anything contained within the Online Course or ICR website shall be construed as conferring any license under any of the ICR's or any third party's intellectual property rights, other or further than as expressly provided in the foregoing provisions of this paragraph, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
22. Unauthorised use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may not sell, prepare derivative works based on or modify the Content (including, without limitation, preparation of summaries of the Content or "thumbnails" of any images therein), or reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Content or any portion thereof on any other web site, or in any publication, database, catalogue or compilation, or in a networked computer environment for any purpose other than personal browsing of the Online Course without the express prior written permission of ICR is strictly prohibited. With respect to any copy you make of the Content within the scope of the limited personal license granted herein, you must retain therein, unmodified and unobscured, any and all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content. Some of the Content may contain digital "watermarks" to indicate their source and ownership. You agree not to attempt to remove, deactivate, reverse engineer, modify, tamper with or obscure any such watermarks. The trademarks, logos and service marks (the "Marks") displayed on the Online Course are owned by ICR or third parties. You are prohibited from using the Marks without the express, prior written permission of ICR or such third party.
23. By posting communications (including any graphic or multimedia content) or submissions as part of the Online Course, you automatically grant ICR a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display the communication and any trademarks, names or likenesses therein alone or as part of compilations or other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees. (Provisions conferring similar rights on the ICR may apply under separate terms or agreements with respect to certain matter submitted other than in the Online Course; you should check the applicable agreements or terms provided by ICR in order to ascertain your rights.
25. Technology requirements - the Online Course is facilitated through an online learning management system. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the proper hardware and software requirements, along with access to internet, to be able to participate in the course. You will need to ensure you have the proper technology at the time of registration as will be provided with the registration details.
26. ICR is not be responsible for any errors or failures in relation to your ability to access the online course or any related materials, including where such errors or failures are caused by: (i) a loss of connection on ICR's or your end; (ii) a breakdown or problems with the online software and/or (iii) a breakdown or problems with your internet connection, computer or system.
27. Certain damages - under no circumstances shall ICR be liable to any user or any third party on account of that user's use of the online course. In no event shall ICR be liable to you or any such third party for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Online Course, the delay or inability to use the online course, the provision of or failure to provide any associated services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the online course, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if ICR has been advised of the possibility of damages. This clause is excluded in states/jurisdictions that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, if you are in these jurisdictions, the above limitations may not apply to you.
28. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ICR, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal, expert and accounting fees, incurred in connection with any claims, actions or demands alleging or resulting from your use of the Course Material, Contents (including Software), the Online Courses, your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of law or of the rights of any third party.
29. Should a situation arise that is not covered by these Terms and Conditions, ICR reserves the right to take any reasonable and fair action that we think appropriate.
30. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
31. The failure of ICR to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
32. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Course Materials, Online Course, this Agreement against ICR must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
33. The provision of the Online Courses, Course Materials and Contents and any associated services are from Singapore. Singapore law shall apply to all legal issues arising from or related to this Agreement, the Online Course or Course Materials. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the aforesaid, including any question regarding existence, validity or termination of this Agreement, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC Rules") for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
34. Nothing in this clause shall prevent ICR from taking out any injunction, mandamus action or interim application in a jurisdiction that you are subjected to.
35. You hereby irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which you may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any such proceeding brought in such a court and any claim that any such proceeding brought in such a court has been brought in an inconvenient forum